Jan 26, 2011

Library Loot January 26 to February 2 Werewolves and the Ancient World

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link to it via the plugin on the host's page. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries! This week is hosted by Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader


Oryx and CrakeThis week I went on a bit of a borrowing binge at my online Library.  First cab off the rank was a science fiction title from Margaret Atwood - Oryx and Crake.  A bleak near future dystopian novel.

The Classical World: An Epic History from Homer to HadrianNext was The Classical World by Robert Lane Fox.  I am reading Cary Corb's The Pericles Commission at the moment and I thought that this would be a complementary borrowing(although I did study Ancient Greece at University).

The Abused Werewolf Rescue GroupNot content with these two fine tombs I also borrowed The Abused Werewolf  Rescue Group as I had heard it mentioned on the ABC's bookclub.  It also looks like its a bit of a parody or comment on paranormal fiction - well see.

Now I know that three books may not seem like a binge (considering some other loots I have read) but this makes about 5 books on my plate at the moment,





Did you enjoy this post? Would you like to read more? You can subscribe to the blog through a Reader or Follow me on twitter.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...